Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is.    The Honorable Governor of Texas, George W. Bush

I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, December 12, 2004

The Longest Hour

Woke up this morning to see that a version of my post "Aeons of Asterisks" made the sports letters section of the Milwaukee Journal. Was disappointed that there didn't seem to be a online version of it to help my Googleness.

So I'm reading "Lies My Teacher Told Me" about the misinformation that passes for American History education in our junior and senior high schools. here's a paragraph from the intro:

Our situation is this: American history is full of fantastic and important stories. These stores have the power to spellbind audiences, even audiences of difficult seventh-graders. These same stories show what America has been about and are directly relevant to our present sociery. American audiences, even young ones, need and want to know about their national past. Yet they sleep through the classes that present it.

So far, despite my deep interest in this subject, I've only gotten to page 68 while starting to nod off about four times. I need to crack a window, do the Dew and beast out on this mutha fo shizzle.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home