Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is.    The Honorable Governor of Texas, George W. Bush

I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Put That Ol' Milk on the Side, 'Cuz We's Highballin' This Line

On side one of my exercise tape, between "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits and Elton John's "All the Young Girls Love Alice", is "I Need a Man" by the Eurythmics and sung by the incomparable Annie Lennox. Now, before you read too much into this let me mention that I'm not identifying with the protaganist here, though "there is certainly nothing wrong with that" (excellent Seinfeld). Whatever your persuasion this song will keep your thighs pumping, I garrr-own-tee!

I don't care if you won't talk to me
You know I'm not that kind of girl
And I don't care if you won't walk with me
It don't give me such a thrill
And I don't care about the way you look
You should know I'm not impressed
'Cause there's just one thing that I'm looking for
And he don't wear a dress.
I need a man...I need a man...

and


I don't need a heartbreaker
Fifty-faced trouble maker
Two timing time taker
Dirty little money maker
Muscle bound cheap skate
Low down woman hater
Triple crossing double dater
Yella bellied alligator...

...I need a man...I need a man

And they say we never listen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home