Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is.    The Honorable Governor of Texas, George W. Bush

I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 29, 2005

My Mistake

Righties are pooh-poohing the notion that the guard may be too depleted to secure several major metropolitan areas.

3,000 are already "activated" with at least that many in reserve. Homeland security seems satisfied with that number, and therefore libbies like me just don't get it again.

For Hurricane Andrew, a much smaller storm, there were 22,000 troops and 7,000 national guard.

It amazes me how little we know about the scope of the damage, and how difficult it is to find a source of such knowledge. It looks not to be the catastrophe many feared, but certainly very, very bad and quite extensive.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have little faith in the current administration's ability to coordinate recovery from this disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home